You are here: Home » Immigration
A visitor visa is necessary for people who want to visit Australia for tourism, recreation, visiting relatives and for other short-term business activities. The visa has four streams:


Tourist stream

This is for people travelling for holiday, recreation and other non-business and non-medical related purpose.

Business stream

This visa is for business people travelling to Australia for short business visit. This is also the best option for nurses and doctors undertaking bridging courses for their professional registration. Sponsored family stream

This visa is for people visiting family in Australia. The family member must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and will be required to sponsor the applicant. In some cases, the sponsor may be required to put up a bond. Approved Destination Status Stream

A student visa allows the holder to live and work part-time in Australia while undertaking a full-time course of study. Fernandez Lawyers assists applicants by providing comprehensive advice in relation to each stage of a student visa application including progression to skilled migration after completion of the course.

A Partner Visa is applicable if you are:

  • Overseas and intending to enter Australia to marry an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen;
  •  Married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

This visa allows the holder to live in Australia to care for a relative who needs care with long-term or permanent medical conditions.

Temporary work visa allows the holder to temporarily work in Australia. There are a number of options available and these include:

  •  Temporary work (skilled) visa (Subclass 457) This visa allows a skilled worker to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for a period of up to four years.
  •  Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485): This visa allows international students to live, study and work in Australia temporarily after finishing their studies.
Permanent work visa option allows the holder to obtain permanent residency. Some of the visas under this stream are:
  • Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189): this visa is for skilled workers who passed the points test and are not sponsored by family members, employers or a state or territory government;
  •  Skilled nominated visa: this is a points-tested visa for skilled workers who are  nominated by a state or territory government agency.
  •  Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186): This visa has three streams:
  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream is for holders of a Subclass 457 visa who have worked for two years in the same occupation with their nominating employer and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
  • Direct Entry Stream is for applicants who have been nominated by their employer under this stream and who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia;
  • Agreement Stream is for people who are sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.